Experiencing your first float with us!
- START. Create an account within our booking system to get started.
- BOOK. Choose which day and time works for you.
- SHOW UP. Come 15 minutes prior to your float and our friendly staff will familiarize you with floating and the center.
- FLOAT. Enter your float room, shower and enjoy your experience.
- GLOW. After your float rinse off the Epsom salts, get changed, grab some tea, sit and chill, reflect, browse our retail, talk and share your experience, and enjoy the after-float glow.
Here are some simple tips to help you prepare for your float and techniques you can use while in the room to help you optimize your floating experience.
Entering The Float Room
- Each Float Suite contains earplugs and Vaseline to cover up small cuts and grazes. We recommend earplugs to avoid swimmers ear and salt in your ear canal, however they are optional.
- After a quick shower to remove any dirt, hair products, lotions and oils from your body, you will enter the float room (TIP: don’t take too long or too hot of a shower, it could effect your float and make it a bit chilly in there).
- The water is heated to skin temperature, and even though it is only 10 inches deep, it contains 1,000 pounds of our specially formulated epsom salt. This is the reason you are able to float on the surface.
- Climb into the room and lie back gently, the buoyancy will lift you up. It is difficult to gauge how relaxed you are whilst floating, but will you notice afterward! Guests with sports injuries or back pain experience some discomfort in the early stages. One’s brain focuses on even minor sensations due to a complete lack of “feeling” elsewhere. Keep relaxed and the aches and pains will drift away. RELAX! Your body and head are completely supported by the water. You do not need to force you head up and your are in no danger of rolling over.
- It will take awhile for your brain to settle down, but we offer the option to play our
relaxation music or some of your own tunes to distract you from your own thoughts.Please do not become frustrated if it takes your mind a bit to settle down as everyone experiences this at first. The real benefits are normally noticed after the session is complete.
- Remember you are in a private suite, so you can leave the float room door open if you wish -you may feel a chill if you leave it open the entire session, so we highly suggest closing it. If you want to leave the room’s interior light on, the button is to your left when you are laying down (you can change the colors too).
- If you get salt in your eyes there is a bottle of pure water and a clean towel hanging inside the room.
- We also have a nekdoodle in each float room if you have difficulty releasing the tension in your neck.
Ending the Session
- To let you know your session is over, a light and circulating pump will turn on letting you know it’s time for a shower. If that doesn’t wake you up, then we will contact you through the intercom.
- After getting out of the room, step right back into the shower to thoroughly rinse off all salty water and to rinse your ears thoroughly, as in rare cases crystalline salt can cause ear aches. Your skin will be very soft and silky after floating.
- Please try to vacate the room within 10 minutes at the end of your session, as we need to prepare for the next guest (we do not have mirrors located in our Float Suites). We do have a Prep Room if you need a little bit more time to get ready or you can hang around in our relaxation room after the experience.
Your experience means a lot to us!
And we can’t wait to hear about it!
After your float, you may be feeling a few different ways. From extremely relaxed and loopy, to energized and ready to take on the world. And for that, we have a lounge area just for you.
Not only do we have tea for you to enjoy post-float, but A Better Me has extremely comfy chairs for you to lounge on. We even have a giant chalkboard for you to share your float experience! This chalkboard is for our guests, new and old, to see just how different everyone’s experiences can be. And we encourage you to share yours!