COLOR GUIDE THERAPY
Chromotherapy is the science of using colors to adjust body vibrations to frequencies that result in health and harmony. Each color possesses frequencies of a specific vibration, and each vibration is related to different physical symptoms.
Our bodies need the sun’s light to live. And that light can actually be broken down into a seven color spectrum. An imbalance of any of those colors can manifest itself in physical and mental symptoms. Color therapy works on various energy points to help balance your body via the full spectrum of visible light, each color addressing a distinct need.
• Combats lethargy • Boosts liver function • Skin repair • Beneficial for lungs • Reduces scar tissue • Promotes circulation • Pain relief • Enhances the senses • Beneficial for bones • Improves nutritional metabolism • Beneficial for heart • Regenerates blood • Beneficial for kidneys • Boosts liver function • Promotes muscle healing • Promotes wound healing
Stimulating, forceful and vigorous. Associated with power and vitality with a cheering effect.
AVOID when angry, overly excited, or with any condition that shouldn’t be stimulated.
• Stimulates immune function • Improves digestion • Relieves menstrual cramps • Relieves muscle spasms • Stimulates appetite • Beneficial for lungs • Beneficial for kidneys • Relieves hiccups • Stimulates the Thyroid gland • Soothes irritable bowel
Nourishment from B-vitamins and several minerals—including calcium, copper and selenium—is a result of their orange color.
Orange is a warm color with a stimulating effect. In nature, many spices are orange. Stimulating, energizing and vibrant. A color of joy, happiness and creativity.
AVOID if overly excited or anxious.
• Stimulates immune function • Promotes digestion • Improves mental concentration • Stimulates bile • Improves lymph flow • Beneficial for pancreas • Reduces wrinkles • Repels parasites • Tones the motor nervous system to energize muscles
Nourishment from vitamins A and C as well as several minerals—including magnesium, sodium, sulphur and molybdenum—is a result of their yellow color.
Yellow is a warm color so has a stimulating effect. A color of joy, happiness and mental alertness.
AVOID if under nervous strain, with neuralgia or with diarrhea.
• Stimulates immune function • Improves sexual function • Beneficial for the heart • Tones the nerves • Stimulates the Pituitary—the master gland • Builds bone • Beneficial for joints • Improves wound healing • Dissolves blood clots • Anti-bacterial
In plants, green chlorophyll is key to the process of converting light from the sun into chemical energy for our benefit. Green is the color of nitrogen, an important element in our soils.
A color of contentment and trust. Green is often applied before and after other colors to bring greater balance.
• Speeds healing of burns • Relieves fever • Calms bowels • Calms nerves • Adjusts our biological clock • Relieves itching • Builds vitality • Anti-bacterial • Astringent effect so dries up secretions • Blood tonic
Relaxing, soothing and calming. Blue is a cool or sedating color. Blue is the color of the sky so it has great influence on our circadian rhythms or work and rest patterns. In nature, oxygen—a vital element in our air and water—is blue.
AVOID prolonged exposure to the eyes.
• Clears sinuses • Improves sleep • Improves learning disabilities • Blood tonic • Calms nerves • Reduces hemorrhaging • Astringent effect so dries up secretions • Reduces swelling • Balances the pineal and the pituitary glands • Anti-bacterial
Indigo is a cooler color so it has a relaxing effect on the mind and body. Indigo enhances intuition and strengthens the imagination.
• Calms nervous system • Calms mental stress • Relieves diarrhea • Depresses appetite • Stimulates the spleen • Anti-bacterial • Astringent effect so dries up secretions • Balances the pineal and the pituitary glands
Violet is a cooler color so has a soothing and calming effect. Violet is considered a spiritual color to help promote feelings of unity with the world.